Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You wake up in Toronto...

In Toronto now. Airport-bashing is too much of a cliche so, for the sake of the reader, I won't document what it took to get here. I'm trying to have a better outlook on life in general anyways, because it could be much worse. For now I am thankful to God for all that he has given me.

My two months in Japan is up; I'm headed back to the States now, maybe for a long time. Japan was a hard place to leave, what with all the awesome people and work yet to be done, but I have some business to attend to back home and I think I'm ready to return.

After a long, wet winter, spring arrived in northern Japan the very day I left Tohoku for Chiba, about five days ago now. The cherry blossoms, which were not yet bloomed in Tohoku were well past their prime in Tokyo. In a laughably modern predicament I and the group I hitched a ride with back to Chiba were led somewhat astray by the GPS, through back roads and obscure neighborhoods in the heart of Japan where we saw the cherry blossoms perhaps on their finest day.

I am looking forwards to seeing everyone back home. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment